- 入來 篤史（理化学研究所脳科学総合研究センター）
- The List of Travel Grant Winners
- Travel Award Guidelines for Neuroscience 2016
- How to Apply for the Travel Award
The List of Travel Grant Winners
Neuroscience 2016 Travel Award
- Victor Anggono (Queensland Brain Institute/The University of Queensland)
- Arpan Banerjee (National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), Manesar)
- Ken Berglund (Neurosurgery and Anesthesiology/School of Medicine, Emory University)
- Yan-Hua Bing (Yanbian University)
- Olga Dal Monte (Psychology/Yale University)
- Khadijeh Esmaeilpour-Bezenjani (Neuroscience Research Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences)
- Darambazar Gantulga (Biology/National University of Medical Sciences)
- Fernando Garcia-Moreno (Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics/University of Oxford)
- Akash Gautam (Center for Neural and Cognitive Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderbad)
- Kihoon Han (College of Medicine, Korea University)
- Balazs Hangya (Department of Cellular and Network Neurobiology/Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
- Maryam Jafarian (School of Advanced Technologies in Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences)
- Eisuke Koya (School of Psychology/University of Sussex)
- Emilio Kropff Causa (Leloir Institute)
- Ajaya Jang Kunwar (Human Anatomy/Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences, College of Medicine)
- Quan Van Le (Department of Physiology/Vietnam Military Medical University)
- Sungjin Lee (Molecular and Celluluarphysiology/Graduate School of Medicine, Stanford University)
- Soo-Jin Oh (KIST (Korea Institute of Science and Technology))
- Hyungju Park (Department of Structure & Function of Neural Network)
- Rashmi Parihar (Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur)
- Franco Pestilli (Psychological and Brain Sciences/Indiana Uiversity)
- Mythri R (National Institute of Mental Health and NeuroSciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore)
- Qin Xia (Soochow University)
- Bo-Eun Yoon (Dankook University)
- Baibing Zhang (Institute of Neuroscience, CAS)
- Qianru Zhao (Fudan University)
- Jiansong Zhou (Xiangya 2nd Hospital of Central South University)
- Qianwen Zhu (Institute of Biophysics, CAS)
Neuroscience 2015 Travel Award
* Dhiraj Maskey, an awardee of the previous year, will be granted the Travel Award at the 39th annual meeting as he was unable to attend the 38th annual meeting due to the massive earthquake in Nepal in 2015.
- Dhiraj Maskey (Human Anatomy/Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences)
International Brain Research Organization, Asia Pacific Region Committee Grant Travel Award
- Hafsa Ahmad (CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute)
- Prem Chand (NBRC)
- Mahnaz Davoudi (Tabiat University)
- Juan Fu (Institute Psychology)
- Seyedeh Najmeh Katebi (Shahid Beheshti University)
- Neetu Kushwah (DIPAS)
- Junmei Lu (Fudan University)
- Pranav Prasoon (All India Ins Medical Science)
- Xiaohui Wang (Changchun I Applied Chemistry)
International Brain Research Organization International Travel Grants Award
- Hieu Kim Huynh (HCMC University of Medicine and Pharmacy)
JNS (Japan Neuroscience Society) - SfN (Society for Neuroscience) Exchange Travel Award
- Tommy Blanchard (Harvard University)
- Kevin Fongching Chau (Harvard University)
- Shaun Patel (Massachusetts General Hospital)
- Brian Sweis (University of Minnesota)
- Chung Yiu Jonathan Tang (Harvard Medical School)
Travel Award Guidelines for Neuroscience 2016
Neuroscience 2016 offers Travel Awards to enthusiastic leading non-Japanese neuroscientists traveling from abroad to present high quality papers at the meeting. Applications of young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows are especially encouraged.
The funding for travel will be between 40,000-150,000 JPY per award depending on the travel distance. The awardees will also be exempt from the registration fee of the meeting. Those from Asian-Pacific countries are particularly encouraged.
Please be advised that persons from the following countries must apply for the Travel Award through their home Neuroscience Affiliations: China, South Korea, India, and Iran.
Application Deadline: January 18th, 2016 (Mon.) at 12:00 noon (JST)
Call for Travel Award Applications is now closed.
Thank you to everyone who applied for the award.
- A certificate will be conferred at an award ceremony during the meeting.
- The meeting registration fee is waived. (The registration fee is waived also for rejected applicants who still decide to attend the meeting.)
- Recipients receive partial support for traveling expenses (airfare from the recipient's country of residence to Japan, domestic transportation fees in Japan).
- Accommodation will be provided for Recipients from July 19th to 22nd (4 nights, single-room). The hotel will most likely be located near the conference venue.
- Recipients are invited to attend and present a poster at the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers and a get-together party on July 19th, 2016 (the day before the Annual Meeting) to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan.
- Recipients are invited to attend a reception during the meeting.
- The organizers will determine the appropriate amount for economy flights from the recipient's respective country once your application has been accepted.
- The amount of the Travel Award will not be increased under any circumstances. Each recipient must bear additional expenses.
- Recipients will receive the award at the meeting venue in Japanese yen.
- Accommodation at a designated hotel from July 19th to 22nd will only be covered. Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights.
- “The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers” and a main oral/poster presentation at Neuroscience 2016 are mandatory events.
- Persons who do not attend Neuroscience 2016 will have their award revoked.
- If a single presentation has multiple authors, only one main author is eligible.
- Participants can only give one presentation at the meeting as the main author.
- Participants who require a visa must obtain their visa by themselves. The meeting organizers will provide necessary visa documents upon request.
- All presenters at Neuroscience 2016 must be official members of the Japan Neuroscience Society. Reduced annual fees are available to foreign nationals who reside outside Japan. For further information about becoming a JNS member, please visit the web page:
This award is contingent upon the applicant's abstract being accepted by the JNS.
Please register “after” you receive the notification regarding the JNS registration.
Please do not register before that.
How to Apply for the Travel Award
Please read the following instructions and go to Registration
- Prepare the following four documents in MS Word or PDF.
- a curriculum vitae
- publication list
- An electronic copy of your passport (only the page where the photograph of your face is recorded)
- An abstract describing your Neuroscience 2016 presentation.
For details about the abstract format, please see the Call for Papers section in the Annual Meeting homepage
- Upload these documents through our web page. After uploading the documents i)-iii), you will be directed to Abstract Submission Page where you can submit the document iv).
- Ask two referees to send the letters of recommendation (MS Word or PDF) directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org as e-mail attachments. One letter must be from the applicant's current supervisor. The letter should be no more than 1 page in length.
Timeline for Neuroscience 2016 (tentative)
- Notification to Travel Award Winners
Confirmation of attendance
- Completion of Society Membership application (For meeting attendees only)
- Notification of presentation date and format
Contact: Neuroscience 2016 Secretariat
JTB Communication Design, Inc. (former ICS Convention Design, Inc.)
Celestine Shiba Mitsui Bldg. 3-23-1, Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8335, Japan
Tel: +81-3-5657-0777 / Fax: +81-3-3452-8550
*Contact information has been changed as mentioned above from April, 2016.